Vacancies in the Osney Benefice
St Frideswide Organist and Choir Director (this position is open)
St Frideswide’s is a small parish church with an active choir and established musical tradition. We are seeking an organist and choir director who will work with us to nurture this tradition and be part of our growing community. Further information about our musical strengths can be found on the St Fridewside pages of the site.
For a full job description, person specification and information on how to apply please click here.
Part-time cleaner: The Church Hall of St. Peter & St. Paul, Botley
We wish to recruit a part-time cleaner who can help us to keep this facility clean and tidy for users, use their initiative to sort out any problems that arise and liaise with our hall bookings manager or churchwarden on a regular basis. The Church Hall attached to St. Peter and St. Paul, Botley, West Way, Oxford. OX2 9JY has a mix of regular and occasional community users, seven days a week.
Salary details: Grade 2. £8.55-£8.62 per hour
Job term: Permanent part-time
Start Date: as soon as possible
Hours: 4 hours. 2 hours on a Monday morning and the other 2 hours flexibly.
Please apply if you:
- are physically fit
- are conscientious about doing a good job
- have great attention to detail
- able to work flexibly during the week with occasional weekend or evening availability as required.
- To undertake regular routine cleaning tasks in the church hall, kitchen, toilet area and waiting lobby and the immediate outside vicinity of the hall. (full cleaning schedule will be provided)
- To remove rubbish to outside dustbins.
- To comply with health and safety requirements
- To order cleaning materials as required
- To be willing to clean on an ad hoc basis e.g. after private parties
- To report to the church hall bookings manager any issues to do with hirers
- To report to the church warden any issues to do with faulty equipment or maintenance needs of the building
The successful applicant will be required to complete basic safeguarding training on-line.
Training will be offered in the use of floor cleaning equipment and health and safety procedures.
Date of advert: 20th September 2018