St Frideswide Sermons
Here can be found sermons given at services at St Frideswide's church.
- Epiphany. More than you hoped for.
- 3rd Sunday of Epiphany. I’m going to pick up those themes again today – you can’t have too much of a good thing! In particular I’d like to bring out the underlying idea, the idea of God's generous gifts.
- 2nd Sunday of Easter. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of all our hearts be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, our rock and our redeemer.
- 3rd Sunday of Easter. Facing shame
- 2nd Sunday of Trinity. I'm preaching today about what it means to lead, about what sort of person we should follow.
- 4th Sunday of Trinity. On the vulnerability of prayer.
- 6th Sunday of Trinity. On thanksgiving.
- 7th Sunday of Trinity On having faith in God.
- 14th Sunday of Trinity The parable of the unrighteous steward: what does it mean?.
- Creation Sunday. Your pew sheet tells you that today is Creation Sunday. Traditionally, this time of the year is when we have a harvest festival
- Feast of St Frideswide. We are celebrating out patron saint today - we share St Frideswide with the Cathedral, the church of St Frideswide in Bletchley and the Roman Catholic Church on Iffley Road.
- Bible Sunday. On hope and the Bible.
- All Saints Day. Today we are celebrating God’s people – the saints – that is you and me and everyone who has recognised their need of God and turned around to follow Jesus.
- Second Sunday before Advent. What is the church?
- First Sunday of Advent. Let every heart prepare him room.
- Third Sunday of Advent. The greatest man who ever lived.